Welcome to Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) in Coastal Marine Environments
This is a single module course that presents an introduction to concepts of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the marine environment. This course is designed as a follow-up to the 11 module antimicrobial resistance course to compare and contrast AMR in a marine vs. terrestrial environment, but there are no required prerequisites. In this course we will discuss both drivers and mechanisms of AMR in the coastal marine environment and will discuss special considerations in studying AMR in marine bacterial pathogens. The expected time to complete the course is 1 hour, although students can take as longer as needed to complete the course. There are quiz questions at the end of each topic and a score of at least 80% is needed to complete the course. Course references are included at the end and are recommended for students that want to dive deeper into the subject. When you are ready, please proceed to the module.
- All courses are offered asynchronously.
- You will have access to the courses for 120 days following enrollment.
- If you do not complete the course within the 120-day period you will need to re-enroll.
- All progress will be saved in your learner profile.
- Certificates will be issued upon successful completion.
Enrolled users must LOG IN to begin taking this course.