Types of Content
Since LearnDash runs on WordPress, any WordPress supported media can be used in your courses. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Images: jpg, jpeg, png, gif (svg )
- Documents: pdf, psd (Adobe Photoshop), all Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel formats
- Audio: mp3, m4a, ogg, wav
- Video: mp4, m4v, mov, wmv (it is typically recommend to use a video hosting service, like Vimeo, Wistia, Amazon S3, etc. to avoid overloading your host/server. We use Wasabi Cloud Servers.)
- Self-hosted videos (uploaded to the Media Library)
- Amazon S3
- Wasabi Cloud (upload videos over 256mg to this server)
HTML5 packages published in programs like Articulate Storyline & Adobe Captivate can also be inserted into LearnDash content, as well as any third-party media that can be embedded via an <iframe> or <script>.
H5P Built in Content Creator
- H5P has been added to OHWA website as a tool that can be used to add image, text, captions, and on screen text translations to videos.
- It can also be used to create slides, diagrams, unique quizzes and more.
- It is free third-party plugin used by top learning management systems including Canvas, Moodle, and Blackboard.
- H5P provides us to best solution for dynamic text translation.
- OHWA Instructor login is needed to use this tool
Other Content Creation Tools
To create content there are many 100s of tools that can be used. Below is a list of commonly used tools.Vud
- Loom Screen Capture Video https://www.loom.com/
- Vimeo Free Screen Recorder https://vimeo.com/features/screen-recorder
- Zoom video record
- Snagit https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html
- Screenflow https://screenflow.en.softonic.com/mac
- Ecamm https://www.ecamm.com/
- Obs https://obsproject.com/
- Animaker Videos, animations, slides, https://www.animaker.com/
- Powtoon Video Maker https://www.powtoon.com/
Happy Scrib Closed Caption https://www.happyscribe.com
Powerpoint Slides https://www.office.com/
Canva Design Images https://www.canva.com/
Adobe Software https://www.adobe.com/
Speechelo Transforms text into speech https://speechelo.com/
Miro Diagram maker https://miro.com/index/