About this case study:
This introductory case study takes place in a village in Tanzania. You are responsible for communicating the importance and mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance to various stakeholders. Start this case study to see if you have what it takes to be a science communicator.
Upon completion of this case study, the trainee will be able to:
- Review how antimicrobial resistance is a significant global health threat.
- Explain how some common antibiotics work.
- Describe how antibiotic resistance is spread in the One Health context.
- Discuss how resistance is determined in a laboratory setting.
- Recognize how some common antibiotic-resistant bacteria, like E. coli, cause disease in people and poultry.