Welcome to the Risk Communication & Community Engagement Course
This dynamic training course spans 10 online modules and provides an introduction to the principles and concepts of a comprehensive One Health approach to risk communication related to a disease outbreak (especially managing zoonotic disease events) and how to engage communities around risks of disease transmission, prevention, and behavior change. Each module is comprised of an introduction, video clips and interviews with specialists in their respective fields, comprehensive lessons related to the subject matter, specific case examples, and a quiz to assess learner competency. Each module contains multimedia presentations and interactive segments to reinforce key concepts learned in the didactic portions to help solidify and illustrate the key learning objectives.
We expect that each module will require between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours to complete, with the full course requiring around 10-11 hours.
- All courses are offered asynchronously.
- You will have access to the courses for 120 days following enrollment.
- If you do not complete the course within the 120-day period you will need to re-enroll.
- All progress will be saved in your learner profile.
- Certificates will be issued upon successful completion.
Enrolled users must LOG IN to begin taking this course.