Welcome to the One Health Workforce Academies course on virtual Communities of Practice.
The concept of virtual Communities of Practice ( vCoPs) has recently gained popularity to bridge distance via technology for individuals and groups with an interest in a common topic. VCoPs are a great way to share experiences, best practices, and real-life cases. They also help to problem solve in a specific topic area among peers and experts by meeting regularly and providing training in a low dose high frequency approach.
The course spans 7 modules that will present various readings, resources, and tools to give a full view of what vCoPs are. We will also demonstrate how they work and what are some steps to take if you want to start your own.
The course should take you approximately 2-3 hours to complete, depending on the amount of optional reading you do.
- All courses are offered asynchronously.
- You will have access to the courses for 120 days following enrollment.
- If you do not complete the course within the 120-day period you will need to re-enroll.
- All progress will be saved in your learner profile.
- Certificates will be issued upon successful completion.
Enrolled users must LOG IN to begin taking this course.